Don't Panic Its Not The End Of 1 Cent Auctions!!
In January 2007 eBay will be getting rid of the Pre Approved bidding system. Which means 1 cent auctions in the auctions listings linking to your eBay store will be a thing of the past. How am I going to get feedback quickly to get a store or use the Featured Items or Buy it Now options in selling goods? Or how am I supposed to become a Powerseller now? Lots of people have become Powersellers using this technique but how are we going to do it now? Well we can still have 1 cent buy it now products in our eBay stores. But they are not listed in auction listings I hear you say. How well do you know the Advanced Search function of eBay? Or more importantly how well do your customers know it? You can get all the 1 cent listings from store's inventories by using the Advanced Search function a little creatively. How will your customers know about it? Well you can educate them and yourself, if you not too familar with the Advanced Search, by referring to this article, and believe me they will thank you for it. I used this search technique to build my feedback up to enough to open a store as well as buying a few Christmas pressies so that all my feedback was not from 1 cent auctions. Some buyers will look at what your feedback contains so its good to have a few non 1 centers in there!! Okay so here is how to use the Advanced search to find 1 cent store listings on the main http://eBay.com site. I'm sure the same logic applies to your localised eBay site.
1. Go to the eBay home page and select Advanced Search
2. Leave Enter Keyword or Item Number blank and select Everything Else for In this Category.
3. Leave everything else blank and ticked as default settings until the Show Only Section.
4. In the Show Only Section tick Buy it Now Items and Store Inventory items only.
5. Select Price: Lowest First in Sort By.
6. Press the search button.
7. You may get an error page or you have thousands of items to scroll through so click on information products from Categories list on the left so that you get mainly digitally delivered products.
8. Now by this point eBay probably doesn't remember that it's supposed to be searching byPrice Lowest First so make sure this is selected in the Sort by: Box.
9. Search through the 1 cent listings and pick out the interesting ones or whatever takes your fancy, buy and start building up your feedback.